Before you start cleaning you must gather the supplies you need. Keeping your cleaning supplies in one place, such as a small basket you can carry around the house, makes cleaning so much easier. Here is what I have in my basket.
For all household cleaning
- a squeezable plastic water bottle with a sports sip top filled with a 1 part vinegar 3 part water solution. I also add a teaspoon of tea tree oil.
- lots of inexpensive wash clothes I probably have about 15-20 but you could easily clean with only 5
- a small plastic container filled with baking soda
- microfiber dusting clothes (I purchased mine at Target)
- glass micro fiber cleaning clothes (another Target purchase)
- a firm bristle toothbrush (Preserve makes great ones out of recycled plastic)
- a large firm bristled brush
- Hydrogen Peroxide in a spray bottle
- A spray bottle of water
- a broom and dust pan
- a vacuum cleaner
- microfiber mop with removable washable heads
- steam cleaner one that uses nothing but hot water
- toilet scrub brush
Gather your supplies this week and come back to learn how these item can be used to clean all areas of your home in Step 3.