Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lotion, Lip Balm, and Face Scrub

Lotion
Since your body absorbs what you put on your skin I decided I wanted to take a closer look at my lotion. I found there were chemicals I would never think of eating yet I was placing them on my body and therefore in my body everyday. I made this lotion and love it. I use it for my body and face as well as my arm pits to make everything nice and soft. With beeswax I grate it first with a micro grater.
Lotion
½ TBS Beeswax
3 TBS Cocoa Butter
2 TBS Almond oil
½ TBS Cornstarch
½ TBS Vitamin E

Melt beeswax and coco butter in a double broiler. Take off of heat. Add almond oil and mix well. Add cornstarch and mix until smooth. Add the E last. Place the lotion in a container and let cool in the fridge.

Lip Balm
Even more then lotion lip balm enters your body whenever you put it on. Through my research I also found just how bad Vaseline and petroleum based products are for your skin. So I came up with a lip balm I love. Sometimes I add peppermint essential oil for taste and smell.
Lip Balm
2 ½ tsp Beeswax
3 tsp Cocoa Butter
2 tsp Almond oil
1 tsp Vitamin E

Melt beeswax and coco butter in a double broiler. Take off of heat. Add almond oil and mix well. Add the E last. Place the lotion in a container and let cool in the fridge.

Face Scrub
I needed something to clean and scrub my face in the morning. I tried baking soda and water but it dried my face out too much. I developed this mixture which I really like and Stephen even uses it. I use a bar of castile soap to wash my face at night. and this in the morning in the shower.
Face Scrub
2 TBS Almond oil
1 tsp Lavender
1 tsp Tea Tree oil
½ cup Baking Soda
1 TBS Vitamin E
2 TBS Liquid Castile soap

Mix all ingredients except castile soap. Add the castile soap last.

1 comment:

arlene said...

Ok I have read it all write more with pictures of my baby.