Monday, March 3, 2008

Gardening

With all my free time this past week I have gotten a lot done. My garden has been top on my list of to dos. So far I have planted squash, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, corn, beans, celery, and onions. I also already have broccoli, lettuce, strawberries, and carrots growing.
Yesterday I was overjoyed to find artichoke plants at Home Depot. I am so very excited because I love artichokes but I can never find them grown organically at the store. Although it has been my experience that artichokes take a couple of years to produce good fruit I can not wait. The only thing I have yet to plant that I would really like is asparagus.
We are also thinking of adding some berry plants to our yard. I would love to have blueberries, blackberries, or raspberries. I have to do some research and planing but hopefully I can get some going soon.
We also have a lemon, peach, and apricot tree in the backyard. It is so much fun to grow our own fruit and veggies. Andon loves to pull up carrots and pick peaches.

On a side note anyone interested in cilantro please let me know. I love to cook with it but it grows so quickly that most of it goes to waste. If you ever want any just let me know.

All is ready for Brylynn's arrival on Friday. I promise to have pictures up as soon as I can. I do not think Andon has any clue what is about to happen but I know he will be a great big brother. He is having a wonderful time in CA visiting all his family out there. He especially loves his Auntie Em I think he would leave me for her in a heartbeat. Oh well at least I know he is well loved and happy.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Glad you found artichokes, they are my favorite vegetable! I was reading yesterday the asparagus take 2-3 YEARS to produce - wow!! I want some, too. I plotted our garden last night and I'm ready to go. We're off to the store after lunch to buy the last of the supplies and then I can officially get started. Can't wait to see those pictures, I'll be checking for them like crazy!!

Lindsay H said...

Can't wait to meet Brylynn! Kendall is so excited to have another girl friend! We love cilantro...if you ever need to get rid of any! :) I would love to learn how to garden...maybe you can teach me someday!